Your workspace is starting to take shape! Now it's time to organize your team, so you have people to assign your Tasks to.
|Go to System settings > Resources > Users and Groups.|
Adding your Team
Walk through the article below to populate your workspace with your Users.
|Tip: Uncheck the Enabled checkbox if you aren't ready for your new Users to log in. Once you have completed setup, you can re-enable them by checking the checkbox on.|
Creating Team Groups
Grouping your team can organize your users in a way that makes sense for your projects and workflows. A common way of using groups is to place your users into their respective departments.
- A Group can be used in the address fields of Notes so you can quickly share information with the people that need to know.
- You can assign a Group to Objects (not including Tasks and Milestones) to designate responsibility to a particular team.
- You can also filter a spreadsheet by Group to drill down on data relevant to that group
Review the article below to learn about grouping your team.
Optional: Intermediate & Advanced Login
If you would like to use an alternate sign-in method besides the standard ftrack username/email and password, you can take a look at the choices below:
- Single Sign-on via SAML
- Managing Users via Google Apps
- Managing Users via Directory Service (LDAP/AD)
Next, we will learn about User Roles, which are the permissions each user has to access content within your workspace.