Groups provide a way to better organize your users. They can be used for Project teams or assigned to all objects (except tasks/milestones) and allow you to direct notes and messages to more than one user at a time.
Users can be organized by department, location, skill set, or any other way you see useful. A user is called a member when added to a group.
|Please note: The administering of groups is only available for User Roles that include 'Manage Users' permission.
There are two ways to add group members:
From System settings > Resources > Users and Groups
From each project’s Team page (in the Project's left-hand menu)
Creating a New Group
1. To create a new group, go to System settings > Resources > Users and Groups.
2. Click Create group in the groups header to the left, and a New group will be created below.
Creating a New Subgroup
If you want to divide your group into smaller groups, you can create a subgroup.
1. To create a new subgroup, go to System settings > Resources > Users and Groups.
2. Select the group you want to divide from the group list on the left.
3. Click the Create subgroup button in the Groups header, and a New subgroup will be created under the currently selected group.
Renaming a Group
Each new group will have a default name. Click on the group name at the top to rename the group. The name is saved automatically when clicking outside the text field.
Managing Users in a Group
Any group can be updated as members come and go by using the Add members and Remove members buttons. Also, once you have selected a group, a member's User Account and Role can be edited by hovering over their entry and selecting the Pencil-Edit icon or Person-Role icon.
Adding a member to a group
1. Select the group you want to add members to from the group list.
2. Click the Add members button.
3. Select the users you want to add as members to the group from the open dialog.
4. Click Save when you are done.
Removing a member from a group
1. From the Group list, select the group you want to remove members from.
2. Select the user(s) from the user list that you want to remove as members of the group.
3. Click the Remove members button.
4. Confirm the removal in the dialog by clicking Remove members.
|Tip: Use 'SHIFT + click' or 'CTRL/CMD + Click' to select multiple users to remove.
Removing a group
1. To remove a group, hover your mouse over the group name in the list and click the small dropdown arrow that appears to the right.
2. Select Delete in the context menu to delete the group.
3. To confirm the removal, type DELETE and click the Yes, permanently delete the group button.